Sunday, March 21, 2010

March 21, 2010b



Okay, the cake is baked and cooling on a rack. I finally put the cream cheese in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it up and it was "smooth sailing" from there on out. It's pretty simple actually. It just seems to take a little finesse to get it just right. Knowing exactly how long to mix. You apparently can't mix it too much. I don't think I got it quite right; HOWEVER, I bet my topping will hide the fact that it cracked. Plus about a quarter size or a little larger is supposed to still be really moist while the edges are raised and baked more. My edges rose up and the center is really moist, but a much larger section than a quarter or little larger is moist. I dunno we'll just have to see in the morning! Plus, I'm adding a burnt sugar topping tomorrow. I'm terrified of butane! I've never filled a lighter (don't smoke); never filled anything with butane and I gotta fill a little kitchen torch to burn the sugar. I'm scared. I think I'll have some else fill it for me and then I'll torch the sugar....although, I've never done that either. I don't know how to turn it on! All I know is keep it pointed away from everything except the poor sugar!
Now, I used a Kaiser LaForme Plus 9" round springform. What's really cool about this pan is that it has a scratch resistant base, so I can cut my cake in the pan and not mess up the base! We'll see! Now I'm supposed to be able to scratch this base and Kaiser has a 10yr warranty on the thing! There's a lifetime warranty on the buckle and it says the ring can't be put on wrong, so my lefty daughter can put on the ring her way and I can put in on my way. Kinda neat. I'm looking forward to tomorrow so I can scratch the heck outta this pan...see if I need to "cash in" on the warranty, or not. Hee hee. Oh! And how well will it release from the pan??? I forgot to butter it even though it's non-stick. Ooops. So this will really be a test for it. Kaiser says it has a ceramic based coating (Kairamic) that's PTFE and PFOA free. Well, tomorrow will tell. Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I'm a very simple and quiet person. I don't need or want for much to be happy. As long as my family's happy, so am I. I'm married with three beautiful children. I have a very busy life, so I actually NEVER enjoyed cooking ...until now!=D Born, raised and still live in the same city. I played just about every sport I could from 2nd grade on through HS. I didn't "turn into a girl" until I graduated from HS!=} I've always wanted to be an architect, but getting married right outta HS didn't fit well into that plan. I love where I am in my life though and wouldn't change a thing. Stick with me while I build my blog and follow along in my cooking adventures with WMF!