Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March 24, 2010


Well, the cheesecake cooled and I took it to work for the contest. My poor cheesecake had the grand canyon running through it. It cracked so bad! Nothing could cover it up, especially not a little bit of burnt sugar. I think it's because I cooked it too long. Plus, I did just murder the cream cheese! I took my naked cheesecake, the sugar, butane and my empty kitchen torch to work with me on Monday. A co-worker helped me fill the torch and I had to tell her to give my torch back after she showed me how to turn it on! She wanted to burn the sugar herself. She said it's a lot fun and smells so good. Boy was she right! It is fun and it smells like heaven! I hope you can watch the video I posted. Anyway, i got the sugar burned and put it in the fridge with the other BEAUTIFUL cakes to await the contest.
After lunch we all took out our cakes, cut some slices for people to eat and put out some cups and paper clips with which to vote. Remember I said I forgot to butter the bottom of the pan before I put in the crust? Well, it still didn't stick AT ALL! Everyone gathered together eating cheesecake and not thinking about work was great! All of the cakes tasted delicious. The contestants were Canoli (top left), Creme Brulee (top right), Chocolate Strawberry (lower left) and Lemon (lower right). I don't know how people voted on just one, but they did and in the end................................ MY CAKE WON!!!! After all that labor and stupidity (haha), my pitiful little cake won. It was ugly, but it did taste SO good. I personally LOVE creme brulee though, so I'm a bit biased. I know with practice I can make it look as good as it tastes!
After everyone was gone, I did a little video of me scratching the HECK out of the base of that pan and not a thing happened! No scratches could be seen! So cool!! I posted a video of this too. Also, I'm looking forward to my next Julia meal adventure! It seems like it's been forever since the last one. I think we're going to wait and do an Easter dinner instead of on the last weekend of March. Makes sense to me. Catch ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I'm a very simple and quiet person. I don't need or want for much to be happy. As long as my family's happy, so am I. I'm married with three beautiful children. I have a very busy life, so I actually NEVER enjoyed cooking ...until now!=D Born, raised and still live in the same city. I played just about every sport I could from 2nd grade on through HS. I didn't "turn into a girl" until I graduated from HS!=} I've always wanted to be an architect, but getting married right outta HS didn't fit well into that plan. I love where I am in my life though and wouldn't change a thing. Stick with me while I build my blog and follow along in my cooking adventures with WMF!